Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Detroit Lions visit the Starting Point Kids


Today, the Starting Point Kids were paid a special visit by the Detroit Lions football coaches and The Detroit Lions mascot, Roary the Lion. The Detroit Lions put on a private leadership session and a Football Clinic just for our kids!

All the kids were given Detroit Lions football clinic shirts, footballs, hats, flags, and official Detroit Lions magazine. The football clinic taught the Starting Point Kids how to catch and run with the football and in the leadership session, all the kids learned the following lessons from the Detroit Lions coaches:

1. Listen and Learn
I will listen and pay attention to my teacher, parent, coach, guardian or adult in charge, knowing I can learn from what they have to say.

2. Educated
I will become as educated as I possibly can be by attending school, reading, studying and by understanding education does not stop when I become an adult, but instead lasts a lifetime.

3. Ambitious
I will set goals, I will dare to dream and I will understand I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to do.

4. Disciplined
I will understand discipline means being on time, doing what is asked of me and doing things the right way each and every day.

5. Encouraging
I will be a positive influence by caring and understanding for people's concerns and by supporting others in pursuit of their dreams.

6. Responsible
I must be responsible for my actions and must live with the consequences of whatever decisions I make.

Click on the PLAY button below to see all the photos from this unique event...

No comments:

Post a Comment